Monday, April 22, 2013

Revlon Colorsilk Luminista in Red 150


*UPDATE (May 14, 2013): I noticed that the hair dye washed off. My hair color turned back to the previous color. I take back what I said. Most probably, I won't use this hair dye again. It's not worth it. The hair dye fades less than four weeks.

I started to dye my hair last summer 2012. I've used Revlon Colorsilk in Light Auburn, Medium Auburn, Dark Auburn and Medium Ash Brown. I dye my hair almost every 3 months. I haven't tried using other hair dye brands like loreal (it's pricey compare to Revlon) and Garnier (not sure about the quality hehe) hahaha and Revlon hair dye has given me great results so far. My favorite out of all the colors I've tried is Medium Auburn. The color suited me best- or at least imo.


As you may have read from my previous post, Cut it Short and Color it Red, I really want to have red hair. But I know that dark brown with a hint of red is the closest I could ever get. Why?? Because I don't want to bleach my hair hahaha! I wouldn't want my hair to get even more damaged, would I? Some told me to go to a Salon to achieve the hair color that I really want. But WTH do you guys know how expensive it is to have you hair dyed in a salon? dafuq -_- I'll just stick to drugstore hair dye brands, thank you very much.

Revlon Colorsilk Luminista in Red 150 (425php)


DSC_1760
Picture Picture haha

DSC_1763
I usually leave the solution for 30-40 minutes but my scalp started to hurt so I washed it after 25 minutes.


DSC_1764
The conditioner included in the box

Never trust this lol
Never trust this lol

DSC_1765
Right after washing

DSC_1766


With Flash
With Flash

Without Flash
Without Flash
With Flash
 With Flash
DSC_1778
Without Flash


The color turned out as what I expected. My original hair color is dark brown. I didn't bleach my hair so it's understandable that it turned out this way.  But I still liked its color. It's actually prettier specially when the sun hits it. If only my scalp didn't start to hurt, I may leave the solution for 5-10 minutes more and the result might be better. I may use this color again. But next time, I won't wash my hair 6 hours prior to hair dying. It made my scalp more sensitive. Before, I didn't wash my hair for 15-20 hours when I plan to dye my hair since it would make my scalp less sensitive. I haven't experienced pain before so maybe it's the washing part that caused my scalp to hurt? well, idk i'm not a hair  expert haha






No comments:

Post a Comment