Thursday, July 25, 2013

Review: EOS Lip Balm in Sweet Mint and Honeysuckle Honeydew

I didn’t know why and when but EOS Lip balms are starting to be known here in the Philippines. According to EvolutionOfSmooth.com, “EOS lip balms are 95% organic, 100% natural, and paraben and petrolatum free. Packed with antioxidant-rich vitamin E, soothing shea butter and jojoba oil, eos keeps your lips moist, soft and sensationally smooth.” The lip balms can either be a stick or sphere.

I own a few lip balms because during cold weather, my lips become super dry to the point that I have to apply a special medicine on my lips; which if I may add, is not cheap. Then I came across EOS Lip Balms. The packaging caught my attention! I like how the Smooth Sphere Lip Balm looks like. Then after reading a few opinions and reviews about the product, I decided to give it a try. I have smooth sphere lip balm in Honeysuckle Honeydew and smooth stick lip balm in Sweet Mint. My order was supposed to be both spheres but Sweet Mint was out-of-stock in sphere so I just got the stick one.
EOS lip balms are not available here in the Philippines. I got them from a reseller on instagram (http://instagram.com/stuffandstyleph) for 240php each. I ordered and paid it Tuesday night and received the items Thursday aftenoon. Quite fast if you ask me considering the seller is IloIlo-based. But if you buy it from EOS in USA, it only costs $3.29 per lip balm.

Product Details:


STICK
·   Long-lasting moisture
·   Shea butter & vitamin E
·   Smoothes on clear
·   Gluten-free
·   Paraben-free
·   Petrolatum-free
·   Phthalate-free
·   0.15 oz

SPHERE
·    Long-lasting moisture
·    Shea butter & vitamin E
·    Smoothes on clear
·    Precisely glides on lips
·    Twist-off top
·    Gluten-free
·    Paraben-free
·    Petrolatum-free
·    Phthalate-free
·    0.25 oz



Smooth Stick Lip Balms come in 3 variants


Photos from evolutionofsmooth.com; compiled by Patrizia Alfredo

Here's mine:








Sweet mint claims: “smooth on the refreshing essence of sweet mint and give your lips the moisture they crave.”


Sweet Mint Ingredients:
Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil*, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil*, Beeswax/Cera Alba (Cire D'abeille)*, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil*, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)*, Stevia Rebaudiana Leaf/Stem Extract*, Tocopherol, Limonene**, Linalool**. *Organic. **Component of Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil*. Certified Organic by Oregon Tilth.


EOS Smooth Stick Lip Balm in Sweet Mint is packaged in a pastel blue container which resembles the look of other ordinary lip balms… only bigger. Sweet mint is both minty (duh) and sweet. It’s smooth and glides well. Upon application you will have that cool and refreshing feeling on your lips. But that sensation will cease in a few minutes. The scent of this lip balm is similar to the scent of “Judge” bubblegum. The moisturizing power is great and better than honeysuckle honeydew. 



Smooth Sphere Lip Balms come in 7 variants


Photos from evolutionofsmooth.com; compiled by Patrizia Alfredo

Photos from evolutionofsmooth.com; compiled by Patrizia Alfredo


And here’s mine:






Honeysuckle honeydew claims: “Delight your lips with the irresistible flavor of fresh honeydew and with moisture that keeps your lips feeling soft and smooth all day long.”

Honeysuckle Honeydew Ingredients:
Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil*, Beeswax/Cera Alba (Cire D'abeille)*, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil*, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Natural Flavor (Aroma), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)*, Stevia Rebaudiana Leaf/Stem Extract*, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*, Tocopherol, Cucumis Melo (Honeydew Melon) Seed Extract*, Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract*, Limonene**, Linalool**. *Organic. **Component of Natural Flavor. Certified Organic by Oregon Tilth.



EOS Smooth Smooth Lip Balm in Honeysuckle Honeydew is packaged in a pastel green egg-shaped container. It has a fruity scent in it. Though I have to say that it’s not that scented compared to other fruity lip balms… which I really like since I’m not a fan of uber fruity lip balms. The scent is not overpowering. It glides smoothly as well. The texture for me is better compared to Sweet Mint. Honeysuckle Honeydew is also less moisturizing than Sweet Mint.

EOS lip balms are very comfortable on the lips! They’re not like other lip balms that make your lips look like you just ate fried chicken or other greasy food. These lip balms also helped to prevent my lips from cracking or chapping. What’s even better is that it’s made 100% natural and 95% organic! J

What I like about the product:

      - Glides smoothly and it moisturizes your lips
      - Great texture; doesn’t make you lips look too oily
      - I like how balanced the scent of Honeysuckle Honeydew is

What I didn’t like about the product:

      - The egg-shaped container is bulky (but cute!! Haha)
      - You can only buy it from online shops and its price is twice as much. (so it became pricey)



Rating:

4.5 out of 5 stars for Honeysuckle Honeydew
4 out of 5 stars for Sweet Mint

Final verdict: It's a decent lip balm and I like this product. Though I guess I expected too much. I'm even wondering what the hype is all about! Maybe because it's just been introduced in the Philippines? I don't know. But between sweet mint and honeysuckle honeydew, I’d choose Honeysuckle Honeydew. I prefer its texture more, I like how it stays on my lips and of course, its balanced flavor and scent. I’ll probably use the Honeysuckle Honeydew when it’s hot and Sweet Mint during cold weather because it’s great at moisturizing your lips. If you are into lip balms, you might want to try this out. 

update July 29,2013: After using this for 4 days, I think I understand now why a lot of people love this product. My lips became smoother and less dry. I'll try the pomegranate raspberry and summer fruit the next time I purchase EOS Lip Balms :)




76 comments:

  1. Nice post!
    Thanks dear, followed you too :)

    http://kinssy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried this balm and I can't contain how thankful I am for this.
    ♡,
    Riza of Pour L'instant

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have summer fruit in the egg form. It smells oh so good~~ ^_^

    I'm your new follower on GFC~~ I really love your blog so far~
    Possibly check out mine? I'm new in the blogging community~ >.<

    chocobunnii13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might buy summer fruit the next time I purchase an EOS lip balm. I'm following you back in GFC :)
      Thanks for visiting my blog! :)

      Delete
  4. Must try this product! Thanks for posting a review dear. :)
    Btw, do you want us to follow each other? Let me know!

    xx, Mela
    www.wearismela.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for this review! I always hear such great things about these lip balms and I really need to try them out. You've convinced me! :)
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the review! I didn't know this came in stick form, too. They are amongst my favorite lip balms! So soft!! *__*

    Also, thank you for your comment on my blog, dear! I'm following you now ^^

    Abi
    kiwivanilla.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it lives up to its name. haha! really soft in the lips :)
      Thank you for the follow! :)

      Delete
  7. Nice bloog ;)


    piszemypiszemy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you very much darling :)

    Http://Fashioneiric.blogspot.com

    Coline ♡

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great review! Need to try these!


    xx Karolina
    CARAMODE

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this review! Thanks for the comment on my blog xx

    http://shugahlicious-shug.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey! Thanks for your comment! I just followed you via GFC, please follow me back, like you said. Stay in touch! :)


    http://the-may-day.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
  12. interesting! I've never seen the stick form :O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At first I too, wasn't aware of the stick form. Haha! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  13. Great review! I've seen these lip balms at the drug store but I've never tried them before. The sphere looks really cool!
    xo, Jackie
    www.stylemydreams.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! It's packaging is so cute! That's actually one of the reasons why a lot of people like this product :)

      Delete
  14. Great blog and I follow you via GFC. Hope you follow me back, it would be fantastic;)

    Love
    Minnja

    My Blog: Minnja
    Minnja Facebook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Sure, i'll check your blog :)

      Delete
  15. Thanks for sharing Hun I always get the same problem in winter with dry lips too so will have to give these a go :)

    http://jessielovesjake.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great post! I hope to see you in my blog sometimes. Thanks! :) Following you now!
    Kisses from VV!!
    www.voguelyvan.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow! I'll check and follow your blog! :)

      Delete
  17. I love these lip balms!

    Thanks for visiting my blog, I'm following you now ;D

    xoxo Julieta
    www.vjuliet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow! I'm following you as well :)

      Delete
  18. thank you for sharing, the lip balms looks so promising! Looking forward to your upcoming posts!♡

    xoxo,
    www.whimsicalityindisguise.com
    (Join my blog International Giveaway ♡! 21 items- lots of Japanese makeup and beauty products like Dollywink, Diamond Beauty, etc! )

    ReplyDelete
  19. ooh i didnt know that the prices on the stores now are twice as much as the original one. i didnt know that they have this in sticks too, would be easier to carry around in your purse esp if its small. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are no EOS stores here in the Philippines. You can only buy these lip balms from online sellers and those sellers sell it twice as much as the original price :(

      Delete
  20. EOS is my fave lip balm, i use it many times a day =D they smell amazing and taste nice! thanks for visiting my blog and sure i'd be happy for us to follow each other. :) I'm now following you, I'll wait for you to follow back <3

    NEW POST: www.chriissydollxo.com
    Let's connect at GFC and BLOGLOVIN'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup it's a really good lip balm. It does what it claims. it makes my lips smoother! Sure i'll follow back! :)

      Delete
  21. Hi!!

    would you like to follow each other? let me know! :)

    http://alovelystyle.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great blog, follow you now) Hope you follow me back, it would be fantastic;)

    http://fancyshot.blogspot.ru

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow! Sure i'll follow you back :)

      Delete
  23. wow thanks for share! I absolutely want the smooth sphere, it looks cool!! :D
    xx from Italy
    Giulia
    www.lenuagerose.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great blog, so I'm a New follower on GFC =)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great review!

    I want to invite to attend my first giveaway! Giveaway Here

    ReplyDelete
  26. i love EOS so much
    but i love the egg formed more!

    ♥,
    claireteressa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sphere lip balm is so cute to resist! :)

      Delete
  27. great review.

    Would you like to follow each other? please visit my blog and let me know

    http://realizzy.blogspot.co.uk/



    thanks

    eliza

    ReplyDelete
  28. great review, i always hear good things about this product. though i wonder why i still haven't picked it up yet. need to add it onto my list.

    x
    1finedai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You do have to try this lip balm :)

      Delete
  29. good review, that's just what I need to know.
    Thanks for sharing. :)
    Plz see my latest post on rustic sunflower wedding ideas
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love this EOS lip balm! Nice! Will try to collect all the flavors.
    Follow me www.fabcouturebygege.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I suggest for you to go to a store and try it first. specially the summerfruit. IMO, it tastes like ekkkk :))

      Delete
  31. Hello. You can e-mail us at selfieworthy@gmail.com to get it in a cheaper price. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'm from Iloilo, and I bought eos honeysuckle for only 180php.Brand new. 240php is WAY too pricey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've mentioned that it's pricey. Where did you buy it?

      Delete
  33. I love it...i have all the flavors (sphere) my favorite is summer fruit and tangerine
    the first one was a gift from http://bit.ly/11H1CjH, the second one ( i really not remember....)
    good smell, good taste, nice shape...i like t so mch!

    ReplyDelete
  34. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  35. wuhoo got my own too! I got the Lemon Drop (though I am betting the Strawberry Sorbet!) with SPF 15 for sun protection (and buying some more for my sisters!) especially with our weather right now it is really indeed very helpful! though it took me time to decide where to buy it (searching and checking out each instagram sellers out there) because I heard there are some fake ones and I have to check their products first before buying it. Great review btw thanks for it! :) XO

    http://fatcha18.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love the packaging of Honeysuckle honeydew! Who would think that the egg-like container contains something sweet for your lips?
    xo,
    ~Pauline @Kallony

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi !! i really want to buy eos lip balm but i can find a seller , so is it ok to know what is the instagram username of the ones you have bought yours?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shop's IG username is stuffandstyleph :)

      Delete
  38. Are those EOS products authentic? :) I would like to know so I could purchase right away, your review was so helpful, I've been looking for EOS lip balm for ages, but of course the authentic ones. Hope to hear from you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Those are authentic EOS lip balms. I bought it from an IG seller, stuffandstyleph. You can check their page. :)

      Delete
  39. The packaging of EOS lip balms is cute! They look like candies XD
    xo,
    ~Pauline @Kallony

    ReplyDelete
  40. I didn't know why and when but EOS Lip balms are starting to be known here in the Philippines.
    My Blog: eos-lipbalm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. It'S 2015 and i think my comment is a tad late. Anyway, i bought mine at S&R Membership Shopping. If u have one nearby, grab one! U might need to find a friend who is a member of this place to be able to get in if u dont want to enrol. Anyway, im loving it. I hate to say i left Chapstick coz of EOS... 😜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they do. But they sell it in packs :( if i'm not mistaken one pack includes 4 or 5 lipbalms?? And I think it costs 500php++ per pack.

      Delete
  42. Your review is very informative. Great job!
    eoslipbalmph.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  43. Hey, great review! I own raspberry pomegranate one and I LOVE it. I thought it's time to buy a new one and this review made me decide that I should go for the honeysuckle honeydew... thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  44. MAKE YOUR SELF BRIGHT AND BEAUTYFULL ,YOU CAN ENGAGED WITH US :- The Natural Clear Skin Acne Mask change on term all happens to Natural Skincare products USA come is the regular done as well as by particular acts approximately the life to get the work completed. The changes will all come in the direction of happen done as Organic Skincare USA well by means of based on to some extent product in the direction in the regular Natural Clay Mask USA way.

    ReplyDelete