Friday, September 20, 2013

Bubbles: Scam Online Shop



Bubbles (http://www.facebook.com/tatibbubbles) is an online shop based in the Iloilo, Philippines. It’s owned by Mary Joy Buendia and Alexandrina Buendia. They sell clothing for women. Their products are from medium to high quality items and reasonably-priced. I bought my first ombre shorts from them last summer since they had a sale: Buy an ombre shorts and get a skater skirt for free. Of course I didn’t think twice and ordered myself a pair of highwaist shorts. I paid thru BPI and sent them a photo of the deposit slip. They said they’ll process my orders right away. So I waited and waited and waited. It’s been more than a week yet I haven’t received my order. I messaged them through facebook but I didn’t get any reply.
I messaged them again and again and again regarding my order and they responded with “ship next week” and guess what……. I received my orders almost two months after. Hayyy

Last July, they had a promo that if you buy one crop top you’ll get another one for free. I ordered from them again assuming that they’ve made some adjustments and improvements regarding their service. But wth, this one’s worse!!! A lot WORSE. They are now scamming people! Out of curiosity, I checked their page again to see if they’ve updated it or what. But the only thing I saw were posts from furious customers. As of now, they have completely stopped responding to messages. I never thought that they will become a scammer. Bubbles has 40,950 likes on facebook and was even advertised by known Filipino bloggers!!! SHAME ON YOU MTHRFCKR!!!! A shop that was trusted and legit before… and now, a big time scammer.

Here are screenshots of other customers:






Can you believe it? 16,000php!!!


A facebook page against Bubbles was also made. Check it out here: http://www.facebook.com/AgainstBubbles



Here are statements from Fashion Bloggers who used to endorse and advertise Bubbles.

Photo Credits to Ms. Awee Bobadilla


I somehow feel bad towards the fashion bloggers. Their name was dragged down by this napakawalang-kwentang online shop. Their images are still posted on the online shop and imagine the e-mails they receive from hundreds of customers. I PITY those customers who paid as much as 16,000php!!! I was lucky enough that the amount they stole from me wasn’t that big. Please do share this post and help other people from getting scammed!! You can also comment below some online shops that scam people. Let’s increase other’s awareness regarding these scam online shops.  

Their contact number is 09053830507. Bank accounts of Mary Joy Buendia:
BPI account number: 9229 1111 56
BDO account number:  0710648138

Remember these names Mary Joy Buendia and Alexandrina Buendia. Do not let yourselves be fooled by these kinds of people.


UPDATE SEPTEMBER 24, 2013









After a few minutes, she posted another photo regarding refunds and pending orders.



-from bubblesnewmgt
We just retrieved this account today. We also knew how worst this shop has been handled only today also. Please take time to read. We, the bubblesnewmgt (Tati's Family) will be doing our best to settle all the damages that has been done.


Expressing our sincerest apologies to everyone who has suffered from the mishandling of this business.
Hoping and praying for you patience and understanding.


for refunds pm here
for pending orders email here
bubblesnewmgt@gmail.com


I would be more than willing to delete this blog post as long as they've proven that they're not a scam. After I get my orders or refund (as they have promised), I, too, will immediately delete this post.


22 comments:

  1. Contact number nila is 09207158344 rin.
    I'm also a victim of bubbles. They did not refund almost 6,000 php. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww that amount's too big!! Let's just hope that they won't go back on their words again. :(

      Delete
  2. I had the same experience with them earlier this yr. I made an order around april for 4 dresses na 5 to 7 days and production time (which i paid for on time like 2 days after i sent the OF worth almost 4K). After a month, i was wondering what happened to my order so i sent them a msg asking for an update. The told me that theyll get back to me. After 2 days of no reply, i sent them another msg. They told me that theyll get back to me, AGAIN. They did this to me for another 1 month and a half. By the 3rd month of waiting, nagalit na ako. I mean i am a reasonable person. If they just answered me properly i was really wiling to wait. But they didnt even have the decency to answer, they had to wait everytime i made a query. I asked 4 a refund but they kept promising me that they already shipped it. Then after days of waiting for the package, they told me again na they have to ship it. Wala, all lies talaga. After 3 months of waiting, i get dresses that were obviously hurriedly made that didnt even have the measurements i sent them. i ended up having these substandard dresses that dont even fit me. NEVER AGAIN WILL I ORDER FROM BUBBLES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! Actually, the HW shorts that I waited for almost two months had rusts! It didn't look new at all :( and it was so stupid of me to order from them again. I really thought that they've made improvements regarding their services. I just hope talaga na they won't break their promise this time. This experience is so disappointing. Sana wala nang online shop na ganito that takes advantage of other people :(

      Delete
  3. I am also a victim of that online shop lucky for me I received my orders but unfortunately it wasn't the correct ones that I ordered. I tried contacting them but to no avail. I guess the likes were just fakes because many people are complaining about them. Took me 3 weeks also to receive my orders and the quality, its pathetic. Some are even big sizes that will not fit anyone in the family. I hope they will get the karma they deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same here i ordered and paid immediately buy it took more than a month before i get my order but it was not complete kumbaga paisa isa ang padala at d nmn kapareho sa pics nila tas na confirm na nga order sa sabihn wala na daw stocks... Dun oa lang din may mismanagement at talgang malulugi sila kung paisa isa ang padala ganung isang shipping lang binayaran ko. Abonado na sila dun... I even message them na madami nga sila customer pero kung ganun ang service nila masisira talga sila. Dapat nagdagdag sila ng tao... On the other side as an online seller also mahirap talga pag my nagorder sau at nailabas mi ang cash mu tas di din pala kukunin yung order (nakakalugi at nakakaiyak) ang lesson ko dito wag magpalula sa dami ng order... At note wag tanggap ng tanggap sana ng order kung d kaya... Sana nga malagpasan din nila itong pagsubok sa kanila at mabalik na din ang pera sa mga tao... Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes. then nagpromo promo pa sila but before pa pala nung promo last june, may mga march pending orders pa nun. Nung nagmessage ako nun regarding sa payment ko, wala pang 5 minutes naka-reply na sila. pero after a week nun na nag-inquire ako about sa orders ko, di maka-reply.

      Delete
  5. I really hate how they delete all the hates they receive. I mean, do they do these things so that they can continue to fool other people?? They receive feedbacks, and feedbacks are meant to be accepted! The clothes that I've ordered were not my size. I paid too much for it and waited for it for a long time, and this is what I get in return? I really hope that they won't break their promises :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't believe them 100% about the refunds... but let's see where this'll lead. I don't want to reach the point where I have to make legal actions.

      Delete
  6. I also ordered a HW shorts and a skater skirt from them. It took them almost 2 months to deliver my orders and they even lied to me that the courier was not able to send the package because they can't track my location and they can't contact me on my mobile which is a pathetic excuse because they're the only OL seller who told me those excuses. And then I just asked for a full refund of my money since they cannot give me my orders but they don't want to refund my money. Then after another 2 weeks of waiting I received my orders; the skater skirt is okay but my HW shorts' measurement is not the same as what I gave them which sucks and ended as a waste of money for me. After that I didn't dare order again from them. HIRAP NILA KONTAKIN AND KAUSAPIN, NAKAKADALA!

    I hope they will hold on to their promise that they will refund all the money of their customers they fooled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should've learned my lesson and di na dapat ako umulit na mag-order sa kanila. :(( all they have is OUR money and nonsense excuses.

      Delete
  7. I ordered and paid last March pa. It has been six months, no updates, no refunds. They even gave me an invalid tracking number! It was really frustrating, gusto ko sya abangan sa bazaars at sugudin!

    If they have been fooled by a customer, that is not a reason or excuse to fool other legit customers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? May masabi na lang silang excuse to the customers. :(

      Delete
  8. I suggest that you do not take down this blog post. I am worried that after you delete this, she will not refund the others.

    PLEASE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will delete this after she refunded everyone's money :)

      Delete
  9. Well in rare cases it happens that the products are defective so what's the big deal replace it as many company provide a limited day replacement guarantee in case of defective pieces.

    Thanks
    Charlie Electra

    Buy Electronic Products
    .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FYI, it has been 3 to 5 months already. Our orders haven't been delivered or refunded yet. Don't even say "so what's the big deal" because that IS the PROBLEM. They're not like other shops or companies that follow a "limited day replacement guarantee" Please don't comment if you haven't read the whole post cause it's obvious that you didn't.

      Delete
  10. Wow. Just wow. Nakakaloka to, ngayon ko lang nalaman. Buti na lang I didn't order sa kanila online. I was reading the comments kasi before and people are complaining sa tagal ng pagdating ng orders at sobrang mainipin ko so I just bought from them when they had a bazaar here in Manila. I was not scammed but I wish you guys would get all the money. Nagulat lang ako kasi they were super nice sa bazaar. Grabe lang. I hope everyone's money would be returned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should've browsed their page more before I ordered. Kung alam ko lang na may mga hindi pa nakakakuha ng orders nila na 3 months na, hindi na sana ako um-order :(( Legit talaga sila dati, but nagbigay silang excuse na "bankrupt" daw sila. But I think it's impossible kasi sobrang dami nilang naloko. Sana talaga mabalik pera namin. :(

      Delete
  11. Wow. September 20 pa pala 'tong post na 'to? I was expecting na if naopen ko 'to, wala na, deleted na pero anjan pa rin. So ibig sa bihin wala ka pa pong nareceive na refund from them? Tsk2. Mabuti nalang hindi ako nakabili sa kanya :( Ang daming apektado! Bloggers, resellers at mga katulad nating shoppers na ang iba sa atin, pinagiipunan pa ang mga items na gustung gusto natin sa mga online shops. But anyway, writing/posting this blog post is a small step in order to help all the people na nabiktima ng Bubbles at yung ibang tao na maging aware. God bless Ms. Patrizia and I hope na mabalik sa inyong lahat na nakipagtransact sa Bubbles ang money niyo. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, yes :( They're not responding to messages nanaman. Pinaasa lang nila kami. :( Super nakakahinayang kahit small amount pa man yung nakuha nila kasi pinag-iipunan lahat yun. Sana makarma sila.

      Thank you so much and God Bless you as well! :)

      Delete