Thursday, December 18, 2014

Review: Revlon Elusive and Sultry ColorBurst Matte Balm


From Revlon website:
Vibrant colors infused with a Triple Butter Complex give you a bold, beautiful lip. It’s a burst of matte color with a balm-like feel. Go bold and get moisturized in 10 craveable, collectible shades.
      - Velvety color + balm-like moisture
      - Infused with a Triple Butter Complex of shea, mango, and coconut butter
      - Retractable chubby crayon, no sharpener required



Swatch




Finish
  • This lippy has a matte finish but it is also hydrating. It claims to give a velvety-matte which I beg to disagree. Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balms give more of a matte finish than a velvety-matte finish. Elusive may accentuate the lines on the lips. Moisturising your lips before using lighter shades of matte balms is a must.


Consistency
  • It’s creamy when applied on the lips. I personally think that the texture is similar to Nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream’s texture.  (Nyx SMLC is creamier and thicker)


Pigmentation
  • One to two swipes are enough to achieve its full color. It’s nicely and very pigmented.


Scent
  • Both shades have a mint scent.


Longevity
  • Elusive can stay on the lips for 4 hours while Sultry can last for almost 6 hours. Elusive needs to be reapplied after eating. Sultry is better when it comes to longevity and I didn't need to reapply after eating.


Price
  • I bought Elusive a few months ago and I forgot the exact price. I purchased it at Duty Free Philippines. If I’m not mistaken, I think the price is less than $10 or around 440php. The Sultry, I bought it earlier for 431php (it was on sale. The original price is 575php) at SM department store makeup & beauty section.


Packaging
  • It is a jumbo-sized lip pencil that doesn’t need to be sharpened since it’s a retractable lip pencil.


Photos 

Bare lips

Elusive




Sultry




What I like about the product:
  • Retractable or twist-up crayon-like packaging. No product will be wasted since sharpening isn’t needed!
  • Creamy, light, and smooth texture
  • Hydrating formula
  • Great pigmentation
  • It’s not that expensive
  • Variety of shades (red, pink, violet, nude, & orange)
  • Sultry stays on the lips even after eating

What I don’t like about the product:
  • You have to reapply after eating/drinking (Elusive shade)


The Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balms glides smoothly and applies easily on lips. It is not that expensive, nicely-pigmented, average wear time, and gives matte finish. Sultry is one of my fave lippy at the moment! I plan to purchase the Shameless and Mischievous shades next…. After I receive my allowance. Haha!

Rating
Sultry: 4.5 out 5
Elusive: 4 out of 5


2 comments:

  1. Loving both the shades!

    Check out my new post Here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both shades are beautiful on you. I think the second one is my fav :)
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete