From Revlon website:
Vibrant colors infused with a Triple Butter Complex give you a bold, beautiful lip. It’s a burst of matte color with a balm-like feel. Go bold and get moisturized in 10 craveable, collectible shades.
- Velvety color + balm-like moisture
- Infused with a Triple Butter Complex of shea, mango, and coconut butter
- Retractable chubby crayon, no sharpener required
- This lippy has a matte finish but it is also hydrating. It claims to give a velvety-matte which I beg to disagree. Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balms give more of a matte finish than a velvety-matte finish. Elusive may accentuate the lines on the lips. Moisturising your lips before using lighter shades of matte balms is a must.
- It’s creamy when applied on the lips. I personally think that the texture is similar to Nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream’s texture. (Nyx SMLC is creamier and thicker)
- One to two swipes are enough to achieve its full color. It’s nicely and very pigmented.
- Both shades have a mint scent.
- Elusive can stay on the lips for 4 hours while Sultry can last for almost 6 hours. Elusive needs to be reapplied after eating. Sultry is better when it comes to longevity and I didn't need to reapply after eating.
- I bought Elusive a few months ago and I forgot the exact price. I purchased it at Duty Free Philippines. If I’m not mistaken, I think the price is less than $10 or around 440php. The Sultry, I bought it earlier for 431php (it was on sale. The original price is 575php) at SM department store makeup & beauty section.
- It is a jumbo-sized lip pencil that doesn’t need to be sharpened since it’s a retractable lip pencil.
What I like about the product:
- Retractable or twist-up crayon-like packaging. No product will be wasted since sharpening isn’t needed!
- Creamy, light, and smooth texture
- Hydrating formula
- Great pigmentation
- It’s not that expensive
- Variety of shades (red, pink, violet, nude, & orange)
- Sultry stays on the lips even after eating
What I don’t like about the product:
- You have to reapply after eating/drinking (Elusive shade)
The Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balms glides smoothly and applies easily on lips. It is not that expensive, nicely-pigmented, average wear time, and gives matte finish. Sultry is one of my fave lippy at the moment! I plan to purchase the Shameless and Mischievous shades next…. After I receive my allowance. Haha!