Sunday, May 28, 2017

Make Your Own BB Cushion

Ever since I've tried using BB cushions, I rarely reach for my BB creams. Before, I only use my fingers to apply BB creams on my face because one, I didn't own a brush or sponge; and two, it's faster to do it that way. But after I've experienced how easy it was to use BB cushions, not to mention how travel-friendly it is, I've totally switched from BB creams in a bottle to cushions. I also usually do my makeup in the car so it's pretty convenient to have the sponge and product in one packaging. Without further ado, here's how I made my own BB cushion. 

What do we need?

  1. Old or New cushion Case
  2. Sponge
  3. Puff
  4. BB cream
  5. Q tips
  6. Serum/Essence
  7. Sunscreen (If you prefer to have higher SPF, but in my case I didn't add sunscreen because I rarely get exposed to the sun hahaha!)


I used my old Laneige BB Cushion Case. If you're also going to recycle an old cushion, make sure you've cleaned it thoroughly! I used makeup remover, soap, and alcohol to ensure all the product residues are totally removed. 



In my case, I used the sponge and puff from It's My which I purchased from althea for 40php each. For the BB cream, I opted to use the Innisfree Longwear BB Cream in Natural Beige. For additional ingredients, I've put several drops of It's Skin Power 10 PO which would help to reduce size of pores and sebum production. 
  • Innisfree Longwear BB Cream in Natural Beige: This BB cream's packaging SUCKS. It's really difficulty to get the product out. I usually squeeze the bottle with two hands and an immense amount of effort. One time, while I was squeezing it, the top part opened and some of the product spurted out. Imagine how hard I was squeezing for the packaging to break! That's also why I decided to use this BB cream to make it to a cushion so I won't have to go through the trouble of getting the product out every time. The shade I have is in Natural Beige which is definitely a lot lighter than the other BB creams I've bought which are in similar shade, Natural Beige. If you like a more detailed review of this BB cream, please comment it below.

STEP 1: Put BB cream, serum, and other products you want to add in the case. Mix it using Q tips.


STEP 2: Put in the sponge and use Q tips to press and help the sponge absorb the product faster.

STEP 3: Wait for the sponge to absorb all the product. It took me several minutes to see the end product. 


And now your DIY BB Cushion is ready for use! Easy, isn't it? If you have a spare BB cream lying around in your room, transform it to a cushion for easier use. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask me and just leave your comments down below. Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment